1. Make sure you have the latest iTunes version, at least iTunes 8.
2. Synchronize your iPhone with iTunes.
3. Connect your iPhone to iTunes and backup your iPhone to seperate file. This backup will be copied to rented iPhone and later will be used to restore your iPhone.
4. Connect rented iPhone to iTunes and when it shows up in devices click on it and then right click on it and choose Restore from backup. Then iTunes give you options which backup to restore from, choose the one you did in previous step. It will restore all settings, though it will not yet restore all content you had on your iPhone.
5. Your rented iPhone will show up in Device section in iTunes with exactly the same name as your iPhone. Click on the name and change it back to its original name (choose one). This way iTunes will make backups of rented iPhone and will not mix up with the backups from your iPhone.
6. Choose synchronize options in iTunes and click Apply – it will copy all content from your iTunes library (including applications) to your rented iPhone. Now your rented iPhone has the same name and settings as your iPhone.
7. If you travel with rented iPhone abroad and want to use unlimited 3G internet, (the service provided by KeepGo.com), specify in rented iPhone settings all configuration details of your abroad cellular carrier (these details provided to you by KeepGo.com). Now you are setup and ready to go.
You can copy all your content and settings from your iPhone to the rented iPhone using the steps shown in the video below:
On September 2009 KeepGo.com has announced its newly launched service of smartphone rentals with unlimited internet access worldwide for individual and corporate travelers.
Today this fast growing company with fully operational offices in USA, UK and Israel is proud to offer its US based clients another service: Unlimited Internet SIM Card rentals.
Not surprising that more and more travelers all over the world want to experience the ultimate comfort and reliability of traveling with smartphones. But using your smartphone overseas is very expensive due to tremendous data roaming costs. That’s why today’s travelers are looking for a cost effective solution. And keepgo.com provides its clients just with the thing they are looking for: the Unlimited Internet SIM Card from the First International Smartphone Travel Provider.
Now an iPhone owner has an opportunity to simply change his American SIM card to an International SIM Card delivered to his door by keepgo.com.
Avoid data roaming charges while abroad
The Unlimited Internet SIM Card from keepgo.com allows avoiding data roaming charges while abroad and guarantees wireless internet connection in over 120 countries with 3G/GPRS coverage!
keepgo.com’s secret of success is that it anticipates its customers’ expectations and provides tangible added value services that make the customer-company interaction comfortable and enjoyable.
The time has come! The advanced traveler has now an opportunity to enjoy unlimited 3G roaming using keepgo.com’s International SIM card at a fraction of the cost.
When you are abroad and you use your own AT&T locked iphone (not keepgo.com iphone) then your data roaming switch is off. It is better be this way, because otherwise you just can encounter enormous data roaming charges. It also means that you can not post tweets from anywhere like you are used to do in the USA using AT&T 3G internet. So, how you still make posts on twitter and how much it could cost you ?
You can post by sending sms to local twitter number. Because you are outside of USA each sms will cost you $0.5, meaning if you do 15 twitter updates per day on average and you travel for 1 week you will pay total $52 just for updating twitter. When you are traveling there are so many new exciting things you want to tweet about, to remember, to let your friends know so why to limit yourself? Just use keepgo.com service and you have unlimited twitter capabilities everywhere and thousand other things you can do from iPhone. Happy traveling with twitter!