Here is a quick and simple “how to guide” for transferring all your contacts, emails, apps, pictures and more to your new/rented iPhone.
1. Make sure you have the latest iTunes version and synchronize your original iPhone with iTunes before starting the migration.
2. Connect your iPhone to iTunes and back up it to a seperate file. This backup will be copied to your rented iPhone and later will be used to restore your iPhone. Use right click on the devices name to open the back up menu.
3. Connect rented iPhone to iTunes and when it shows up in devices click on it and then right click on it and choose “Restore from backup”. At this point, iTunes will present you with options as to which backup to restore from, choose the one you did in the previous step. Please note: It will restore all settings, though it will not yet restore all content you had on your iPhone.
4. Your rented iPhone will show up in the Device section in iTunes with exactly the same name as your iPhone. Click on the name and change it back to its original name (choose one). This way iTunes will make backups of rented iPhone and will not mix up with the backups from your iPhone.
5. Choose synchronize options in iTunes and click Apply – it will copy all content from your iTunes library (including applications) to your rented iPhone. Congrats! Now your rented iPhone has the same name and settings as your own iPhone.
If you are traveling abroad with the rented iPhone from KeepGo, you need to set your carrier settings to the settings provided by us. Please go to m.apnchanger.org and select the carrier appropriate to the SIM card you were given. Now you are setup and ready to go!